Humans are such confusing creatures. We can have so much in life, yet we feel completely and utterly lost. We’re always left wanting… more.
I always imagine people walking around with speech bubbles attached to them; explaining their current predicament.
• The handsome man in a suit (Always more handsome in a suit!) with a high flying career wondering when he’s going to meet the woman of his dreams so that he can settle down and start a family.
• The beautiful woman who left her successful career in order to start a family with the man that she fell in love with and is now pushing a stroller down the street wondering ‘if only I had travelled more?’
• The young couple in a comfortable relationship secretly wondering if they are meant to be together, if he’s ever going to propose or if in fact there is a better match for them elsewhere.
• The young lady who has achieved her career, did her travelling and is now wondering what’s next to tick off her list in order to feel complete.
• And finally the young man who feels the weight of the world on his shoulders because he believes that he could achieve so much more in life but has just had another door closed on him. He feels that his life is stagnating and doesn’t know what to do.
I imagine these people worrying about their thoughts; allowing them to consume them. I imagine their worries keeping them up at night.
I wish that it was easier to count our blessings and learn to appreciate our own accomplishments.
I wish that it was easier to want less.